You know that sinking feeling you get when you think about your future and the mortgage payments?
It’s a terrible feeling, but there is something you can do to help yourself. The best kind of protection against unemployment or disability is called mortgage protection insurance. It works by paying off your mortgage if you are unable to make the payments.
What is mortgage protection insurance?
Mortgage protection insurance is a type of coverage that helps you pay your mortgage in the event that you are unable to do so due to unemployment or disability. It’s a very important safeguard to have in case something happens, and can provide peace of mind during difficult times.
There are several different types of mortgage protection insurance policies, but they all have one key goal: to help you keep your home if you can no longer make the mortgage payments.
Who needs this type of insurance and why do they need it?
Mortgage protection insurance is something that everyone should consider, but it is especially important for people who have a mortgage. If something happens and you can’t make your mortgage payments, the insurance will help to pay them for you. This can prevent you from losing your home and going into debt.
There are a few different reasons why you might need mortgage protection insurance:
- You have a high-interest mortgage and could save money in the long run by protecting yourself
- You are self-employed or your job is not secure
- You have a family and want to make sure they will be taken care of if something happens to you
- You want to make sure you are able to stay in your home if something unexpected happens
How the Mortgage Insurance works
Mortgage protection insurance usually works by paying off your mortgage in the event that you can no longer make the payments. This can help you avoid foreclosure and keep your family in their home.
There are a few different ways that this type of insurance can work. Some policies will make the payments for you, while others will pay off the mortgage outright.
It’s important to choose a policy that is right for you and your family. You should also consider the cost of the premiums and the coverage limits. Mortgage protection insurance is an important investment, but it should not be too expensive.
The benefits of getting mortgage insurance
There are a number of benefits to getting mortgage protection insurance. The most obvious benefit is that it can help you keep your home if you lose your job or become disabled and are unable to make your mortgage payments.
- Mortgage protection insurance can also help you avoid foreclosure. If you default on your mortgage, the lender can foreclose on your home. This can damage your credit and make it difficult to buy a home in the future.
- Mortgage protection insurance can also help you save money in the long run. If you have a high-interest mortgage, the insurance can help you pay it off sooner.
- Mortgage protection insurance is an important investment, but it is not right for everyone. You should carefully consider the cost of the premiums and the coverage limits before you decide if it is right for you.
Try out our mortgage protection calculator to get a better idea of the kind of cover you would like before speaking to one of our advisors who will be able to give you your mortgage protection quote.