Michelle Niziol, CEO of Life Insurances UK has recently partnered with The Prince’s Trust to become an ambassador for the Women Supporting Women initiative. Michelle has always had a calling to help the younger female generation to give them all the opportunities they deserve. So, after participating in the ‘Brilliant Breakfast’ for this fantastic cause, Michelle knew it was the time for her to begin her journey as an ambassador.
The Prince’s Trust help 11- to 30-year-olds to find the tools and confidence to try free courses and start careers. Check out more of what they do here.
Women Supporting Women is a passionate group who are committed to changing the lives of young women at The Prince’s Trust, helping them gain the skills needed to live, learn and earn.
The mission of Women Supporting Women is simple: to provide the right help to nurture, empower and inspire young women to build their own futures through employment, self-employment, education or training.
The Prince’s Trust Youth Index has shown over the years that young women show:
- Lower overall wellbeing and are often more likely to feel anxious and stressed.
- The Trust’s Young People in Lockdown report found 53% of young women aged 16 to 25-year say their anxiety levels have increased as a result of the pandemic.
- At the start of the pandemic, more than 78 per cent of those who lost their jobs were women and two-thirds were between the ages of 18 and 34, according to PWC.
- 60 per cent of young women are fearful for their future due to the pandemic, with more than half saying that finding a job “now seems impossible
- The Office of National Statistics data shows that there are currently 418,000 young women not in education, employment or training
- The Office of National Statics reports that 123,385 young women were excluded from secondary school, based on the 2018-2019 cohort.
- The number and rate of permanent exclusions for boys decreased since the previous year but the number of for girls has increased.
Michelle is so excited to be a part of this powerful movement towards a widened range of opportunities for the younger generation.